GENOME VARIATION: Nate and Sam talk to Santhosh Girirajan, associate professor of biochemistry and molecular biology and of anthropology at Penn State, about what variation in the human genome means and how it relates to complex neurodevelopmental disorders like autism. How do genomes differ between individuals? What can these differences tell us about disease risk? What is normal and is bigger better when it comes to genomes?
Links to Santhosh's work:
- @girirajan16 on Twitter - https://twitter.com/girirajan16
- Santhosh's Website - http://autism.bx.psu.edu
Links to the Eberly College of Science:
- Eberly College of Science Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PennStateSci...
- Eberly College of Science Twitter - https://twitter.com/PSUScience
- Eberly College of Science Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/pennstatesc...
- Eberly College of Science Website - http://science.psu.edu/